You are here: Home > game review, robyn > Oblivion: Elder Scrolls IV – Nights of the Nine

Oblivion: Elder Scrolls IV – Nights of the Nine

by Robyn Tippins on December 26, 2006

Oblivion: Elder Scrolls - Nights of the Nine

Once you’ve put more than 200 hours into a game, you live for the download-able content. I noticed the Nights of the Nine release but haven’t had a free day to enjoy it until yesterday. It was a quick 10 hours or less, but oh what fun!

Now, this wasn’t a silly ‘repair the orrery’ or one of the several homes (Frostcrag Spire, The Vile Lair, Thieves Den, etc.) that we’re used to seeing. Not that I didn’t buy all the others, hey I’m addicted, but I do appreciate the amount of work that certainly went into the storyline of this one. It’s by far my favorite addition. Granted, it could be that I’m just far out of an Oblivion fix, but I think it’s more likely that this is one fine add-on.

Here’s what it offers you:

1. A compelling, epic tale
2. Some gorgeous armor (with bizarre mantle)
3. Yet another place to sleep
4. A chance to find some new places

If you don’t like it, I’d be surprised. Now, I’m a level 33 Monk Bosmer, so the end battles were relatively easy, but the story was really great and the castles, dungeons and ayelid ruins were creepy/crawly just like we like it.

I think I’m going to play through it on my daughter’s character (she’s only a level 10 and has no invisibility) to see how it feels on that level. Let’s be honest though, I’m not going to update the post to tell you how it goes. If you want an update, leave me a reminder in the comments. I never remember to update a post…

Subscribe to our email newsletter, a recap of the stories posted to GamingandTech.com each day.

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

Ibero January 14, 2007 at 10:28 pm

Hi there, I am in a similar spot thus I, too, decided this expansioan. I have downloaded the content, yet I can’t seem to get it working…
Any tips? Thx
Ibero

JSomerville January 28, 2007 at 4:22 pm

Were do you think his best to buy The Elder Srcolls 4: Knights Of Nine (Game, HMV, Amazone, Ebay or gamespot.)
I have all ready got the The Elder Srcolls 4: Oblivion. I recomend The Elder Srolls 4 Oblivian”*****star”(Five Out Of Five).
By the way the The Elder Srcolls 4: Oblivion his 19.99£ Oblivion: Elder Scrolls IV – Nights of the Nine his 14.99£ In the UK.

robyn January 29, 2007 at 3:47 am

I play it on the XBox 360, so I just buy from XBox Live. I buy my WoW stuff from Amazon, so if I had to suggest somewhere, that would be my choice.

Thanks for the cost comparison. I used to write a blog on foreign currency, and I still have trouble sometimes fathoming the difference. :)

SonYeGEEk May 18, 2007 at 11:51 pm

I’m a level 45 dark elf and I have 210hrs of gametime. I still have not installed any mods or expansions only b/c I want to explore the “plain” version of the game prior to digging into the goodies….. Bethesda Softworks Rocks!!!!

robyn May 24, 2007 at 10:12 pm

LOL 210 hours! I believe you’ve explored it well ;)

Come over to the mod/expansion side my friend! I can’t wait to see Elder Scrolls V. Oblivion was an amazing game.

Fake June 4, 2007 at 3:53 pm

I have 247 hours
with my lv 53 charrater and have gotten everything but havent started nights of the nine yet!

Brandon January 5, 2009 at 3:21 pm

I personally think that Shivering Isles is the best download anyone can have!